Thursday, August 26, 2010

The worst is yet to come......

Since I expected the complete surgery to be done on 8/23/2010 I was extremely upset that now I will have to endure a second surgery in 7 to 10 days. I had mentally prepared myself for this surgery for at least a month. I also worked with my boss to make sure this could be done in a manner where I could miss minimal time from work without pay.
 My surgeon decided at the time of my original surgery that since I had a "flare up" of infection and boils still, that it would only be dangerous to have the original surgery done due to the infection already set in. It could in fact cause more infection post op. Since I now have a resistance to antibiotics. ( Since I have been taking so many antibiotics due to the disease) She has informed me that she will be leaving the country and now I will be introduced to one of her fellow associates to perform the surgery instead. The surgical group office has informed me that they will be calling me to see how I recuperated from the first procedure and updating on the infection that I already have before they can make further arrangements.
I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment