Friday, October 1, 2010

Removal of the Vac machine from the wound

Here is the wound after wound vac removal. I believe this was done on Monday, September 20th. I am not sure now. I have been in so much pain. My arm and leg prevents me from doing much of anything. I still have not been out of my house except for surgeries and appointments and didnt care to even really even make it to the bathroom. Which was another intense task in itself! I cannot stand, be seated, walk, change clothes, reach anything, or even get into or out of bed without help. Lori gives me sponge baths and shampoos my hair every few days. You can see clearly the graph from my leg, inside of axis wound. The vac machine has done an amazing job of speeding up my healing process. So many things would have gone wrong without the help of my Home health care nurses. I would not have survived without my family. I would not recommend this surgery without Insurance, home health care nurses, vac machine, family support, and lots of money in the bank. I have spent a lot of money on wound care supplies that I didnt even know existed!
Also, plan on being off work and completely unproductive for atleast a month.
No matter what your surgeon tells you!

No comments:

Post a Comment